Saturday, April 19, 2003

Warm Thoughts



Fresh out of college in November 1989, I reported for work in one of the top auditing/consulting firms in the Phils. In that entry-level position, I felt like it was going to be a long way up the corporate ladder where a DLSU grad like me was being pitted against graduates of other reputable schools. Young as I was, I had no definite plans about my career nor about my future. So I took my sweet time and just did what I had to do. The only thought I had back then was to finish my 2-year contract with the firm and get myself pirated by another company. Little did I know that God had better plans for me.



It was in that same Makati office where I met the man who would clearly define what the future had for me. Because of his innate wit, charm and great sense of humor, because he could hold everybody's attention when he spoke, Jerry stood out among all the male yuppies in that 5th floor office. His credentials as a UP Engineering graduate was just the icing on the cake. We hit it off right away.



I did get to finish my 2-year stint with the company and I did get myself pirated. More than 13 years later, I landed the most challenging job of all where I realized my fullest potential. I now hold and manage 50% of the Jerry-Linnor partnership with God as our Consultant. Nothing is more rewarding than being a happy and contented wife to a loving husband like Jerry for 11 years. I wouldn't trade my position for anything. I love the man in my life (plus the 2 boys born from that 11-year union).



Happy 11th wedding anniversary Jerky! I love you! Mwa!



No comments:

Post a Comment