Thursday, April 17, 2003

Proud Mom...



Went to Redemptorist Church this morning to have our confession. 1030am approximately and the confessional room was almost filled. It took us about an hour to have our turn. This year, we came more prepared and brought along a list of our past sins. My turn lasted for only about 3 minutes but it was a liberating experience to be able to say everything (i hope i didn't leave out any sin) to the priest and be given an absolution. Felt like I'm starting again with a clean slate. I wish I could do this more often.



While waiting for Jerry, Matt and me to be done, Kyle read his Bible on the front pew. I was really amused that he never complained about being bored. The girl on my left couldn't help noticing and started to ask me if Kyle was my son. I replied in the affirmative. She said they (she, her mom and brother) were impressed that a little boy like him enjoyed reading. "Bright siguro sya no? How did you train him to read like that?", she asked. Without bragging I just smiled and said, "Ok lang. He took after his elder brother who is also fond of reading". The truth is, I was really flattered at the observation and tried to resist the urge to talk tirelessly about how smart my kids were and how we try our best to encourage the kids to develop their interest in books, etcetera, etcetera.... Well if it weren't for the fact that we were church waiting in line, maybe I could have indulged myself... Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment