Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I was in a hurry to get dressed this morning and unlike other days, I only went through about 2 "costume" changes before I finally made a decision. The navy bootleg was paired with a bluish gray poly-lycra long-sleeved top which was folded up at elbow's length and tucked to show off my slim (?) waistline. Hmmm, not bad. I thought as I surveyed myself intentionally in front of my 9-year old son who was busy brushing his teeth.



"Hey Matt. What do you think?", I asked striking a pose and feeling confident. "How do I look?"



"Hmm..." Matt said giving me the head-to-foot. "You look like... an office worker." (Hu-WAT???)



My ego just went PFFFT!



(I am that from 8-5 everyday 5x a week and sometimes beyond that so I was hoping this time he'd say something like supermodel (?) or celebrity (?). Hey, what was I thinking? Some days you wish your kids could just humor you with a little white lie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment