Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Senseless Paranoia



For some reason, I left my cellphone home. It was only after our daily visit to the church that I realized what was amiss. A day without my cellphone is like a fish out of the water, I get distracted and cease to function effectively. When Jerry volunteered to drive back to get it, I refused and scolded myself silently for almost taking him on his offer. I thought it was just out of the way and a waste of gas.



When we got to my office, Jerry took it upon himself and immediately called the house to check if the phone was indeed left in the room. Our helper said it was. "Why don't we ask Mommy's driver who is not too far from the house to go get it and bring it to your office?", Jerry offered and began to give the instruction to our trusted helper. I could only nod in agreement. Good idea, I thought. Then, "Hey, wait a minute... That's a P20k worth of cellphone that we are asking the driver to get. Hindi kaya mawala yun?", I asked.



"Nor, it's ok. We entrust the use of a P300k car with the driver right? What's a P20k cellphone compared to a P300k car the driver brings everyday?", Jerry assured me.



My paranoia sometimes gets the better of me. What was I thinking anyway? Jerry got me there again. Haay, that's why I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment