Thursday, July 17, 2003

Heed Your Intuition



Played driver to Matt and Kyle yesterday afternoon since Jerry was in a meeting and couldn't get them from school. As I was getting ready, Matt texted me to ask what time I was fetching them. I texted back that I was on my way.



Woe to me, heavy traffic and mild downpour dragged a normal 5-minute trip to over 15 minutes. And I was getting anxious that the boys could already be hungry. Matt texted me again to ask where I was. I replied that I was 5-min away and told him I'd text him in time for him to get out.



After thwarting the multicab from encroaching my lane and after snaking my way to school a good 20 minutes later, I was lucky to find enough space to squeeze the car between two others past the pedestrian lane. So I called Matt to say I was already parked while the helper went to fetch Kyle from the other gate.



Was glad that it didn't take long for them to get to the car. However, the problem now was how to maneuver my way out of the grid to get back on the road. On account of which, I was stuck for about 10 more minutes before I was able to drive out.



Yeah, I should have listened to that nagging little voice telling me to drop whatever I was doing and leave early!

No comments:

Post a Comment