Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Back on My Feet



Last Saturday night's news about the mutiny in Makati didn't have much impact on my sick and tired body. Call me apathetic but I was more concerned about how to make myself well again.



Morning of Saturday, after being absent from work whole day of Friday because of a bad cold and fever, I happily told Jerry on the phone that I was glad to have finished some work on the computer in 2 hours and that I have already taken a refreshing shower. Little did I know that in 2 hours my fever would come raging back, it completely rendered me like a shivering animal left out in the cold! I was having a RELAPSE!



The heat inside my body was excrutiatingly sapping me of my energy. No matter how religious I took the paracetamol, my temp wouldn't go down a bit. As I lay in bed feeling chilly and all, I was beginning to panic. It never happened to me before that a seemingly harmless cold would make me feel this sick. My tongue felt like it's coated and everything I ate tasted like cardboard! This viral strain is really vicious. Jerry spent his waking time checking my icebag, wetting my face and neck lest my brain becomes toast.



It was only early morning of Sunday that my fever finally let up. I was drenched in sweat and having a mild headache. I promptly changed and noticed that I was only having a slight fever. Thank God! I confined myself in bed most of the day and didn't dare touch any of my office work brought home. I didn't want to go through another relapse. No way, if I could help it!



Yesterday I was back at work feeling a bit dazed and not in my element. Today, I'm glad to be feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment