Saturday, March 8, 2003

Yesterday, we were rushing to get to school. I noticed that Kyle's breakfast plate was still half-full. 'Kyle! Why aren't you done yet?', I asked. 'I'm u-u (taking a cr-p) pa', he answered. Thinking that he wasn't able to finish his food because of lack of time, I offered him my sandwich as he walked to his school gate. 'Aai? I don't like lang.' He said refusing my offer. 'Sige na Kyle! Bring it with you. You might get hungry!'...However, I knew that their practice would only be until 10am so I conceded smiling at my waving boys.



By 9am as a I was deep into my report preparation, my phone rang. It was a male voice on the other line. The only words I could make out was CLINIC, ANDREW KYLE and suddenly thoughts raced thru my mind and instinctively I prayed: "Dear Lord, cover him with your Most Precious Blood and let the him be okay."



"Ma'am, your son Andrew (Kyle) was just brought in by his teacher (he was carried) because he fainted in the classroom." "How is he?, I asked. The rest of the conversation was a blur.



Kyle apparently fainted as they were practicing their graduation song. When we asked, he said his tummy was aching and the next thing he knew he was being brought to the clinic.



In the afternoon, we brought him to his pediatrician who advised us to have him undergo an EEG to check on his brain waves. She assured us though that there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If the result is favorable then it would just confirm that it was nothing but hypoglycemia (low sugar level).



This morning I called the pediatrician and was told that the EEG result was normal. Thank GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment