Monday, March 24, 2003

Did a time and motion study at work today to find out if indeed I'm able to use up 8 hours on official business. What did I find out? Less than 30 minutes of office email management, 30 minutes of signing vouchers and corporate checks, 1 hour of personal finance management (recon of my ATM and current accounts and scheduling of bills payment, etc.), 1 hour of official phone calls, and 5 hours of doing the revolving fund replenishment. The last activity is a mixture of clerical encoding and analysis. Spent an extra hour (over the 8 hours official time) sending files to Ann, printing the Western Union transaction details and giving last-minute instructions to Hazel on filing and auditing WU transactions. I purposely did not allow myself any distractions like peeking into my blog to update or see who dropped by, or read the newspapers (this one I did during my lunch break), or talk unnecessarily on the phone and yet I felt the day just passed me by.



Hmmm... I guess I have to do some more planning and delegating...

No comments:

Post a Comment