Saturday, January 25, 2003

World Meeting of Families



As the fourth World Meeting of Families was being held in Manila, we were also having our own version of meeting of families in Cebu. On Mary's lunch invitation at the City Sports Club, we all gathered for the meal and for the chance to enjoy a relaxing Saturday afternoon. After lunch, Matt, Kyle and cousin Jaymes were off to the pool with Jerry watching over them. The rest of the older cousins played billiards.



While at the club, I initially thought of hooking up to my office server to finalize my opex budget allocation (some technical jargon that simply meant WORK!) so I brought along my laptop. But since it was a wonderfully beautiful day, not too warm, I decided against it. It would have been a waste to spend my time pounding the computer keyboard. So I sank in my chair to enjoy the company of my sisters-in-law as we talked and munched Pringles and slices of fresh fruits.



Later in the afternoon, we all headed for the Ayala mall to spend some time (and bucks hehe) at the Timezone. The place was too crowded and too blaring for me so I went to have my haircut. (Unrelated story... If by chance the owners of Maanyag Salon get to read this post, I hope they take drastic measures to improve the quality of their service. The place was strewn with trolleys containing hair paraphernalia that looked like they haven't been washed in ages! Ick!).



Dinner at home was out of the ordinary. The food was good but Jerry, Matt and I decided to feast on Jerry's preparation of cold soba. It was yummy and we were literally slurping the green soba noodles, the sauce with wasabi and the nori strips. Oh joy! Looking forward to another good day tomorrow....



It's past 10pm now. I guess I better be doing my budget allocation...



@--->--- Linnor



No comments:

Post a Comment