Thursday, January 2, 2003

12.29.2002

TAKING A BREAK - from everything




I decided to a take a break from everything - work, business, jaycees, blogging, EVERYTHING! - just to find myself and what I really wanted! The 10 days that we spent in Manila was an eye opening experience. Though I never found out exactly what I wanted...I got the chance to watch a beautiful Manila Bay sunset with Linnor, Matthew, Kyle, Papa, Mama, Junnie, Mitzi, and May. I toured Intramuros and Fort Santiago for the first time in my life. I got the ride of my life in the Log Jam at the Enchanted Kingdom. I had the pleasure of enjoying the skies with Matt and Kyle on their latest plane ride. I got eliminated in the San Beda Trip to Jerusalem. Shopped-till-we-dropped with Linnor at Tutuban... For the past 10 days my life was unstructured, no schedules, no appointments, no meetings. I just went with the flow. I'm back in Cebu now. I still don't have all the answers! But I found out a couple of things: I love my family more than anything else, I want to enjoy more sunsets, I'm taking the kids to Corregidor and Ocean Adventure, and the ultimate realization is - Linnor and I are going to Switzerland next year!





HOME SWEET HOME!



Arrived today from our 10-day Christmas vacation in Manila. The plane ride back home was quick though the flight got delayed for an hour took PAL so what else is new?. Nevertheless, it was still a treat to Matthew and Kyle as they sat in awe of the sky, the sea and the islands below. When asked what part of the vacation is memorable, they would answer in unison: "All!". Jerry and I figured before we took this trip that we should make it unlike the past vacations we had where we saw nothing but the same old malls. The idea of having an educational trip soon cropped up. Having gone to most of our listed places to visit (see Christmas Vacation entry dated Dec. 26) made the whole trip a really great experience. Together with the kids, Jerry and I look forward to the next long vacation to see the other places in our wish list.



DLS-Z REUNION



Had a get-together with long-time friends from highschool last night at Tequila Joe's, Alabang Town Center where we caught up with each other's life chika. Though it was my 2nd time this year to be with them, it felt like we were never apart. The nice thing about seeing old friends and I don't mean the age is the bond shared by everyone that bridges time and distance. No matter how over-played the stories were told, we still had the same degree of fun as when these past events first happened. It was really great seeing you all: Clare, Arlene, Jing, Gerie, Anna, Isabel and Patty! Mwamwa! Kitakits!

No comments:

Post a Comment