Sunday, May 25, 2008

Coupling

I mentioned in my previous post about my aunt & uncle's ruby anniversary. Just like what I said during my own parents' 40th anniversary last December 2006, not a lot of married couples get to reach that milestone these days. Pity.

As I savored the food served before us at the reception, I took some and posed for a few shots, with me and Paparazzi taking turns with my digicam. Here are some couple shots from the recent celebration...

The Ruby Couple
The ruby couple... My Papa Lalo and Mama Sol (my mom's only sibling)

Ma & Pa
My own Pa & Ma :), they celebrated their 40th yr last Dec '06

Moi and Jerry
Jerry and me... with 24 years more to our 40th :). Notice the orb? That must be our maternal Grandma who passed away last Jan '08...

Ma & Pa
A romantic silhouette of Pa & Ma as they danced the night away... *Awww...*

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your aunt and uncle. Bongga and cake. It looks so pretty and high profile pa ang guests.

    all the best to the couple and more blessed years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that silhouette shot! Awww super sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 | isza
    May 25, 2008 at 11:46 pm | edit

    yeheyyy..welcome to wordpress.

    Linnor replied:
    Hi Isza… My hosted blog prior to this one was already WordPress (WordPress.org) but it was way different than this one since it had more flexibility. I’m still learning the free WordPress.com with all its limitations ;) .



    2 | JO
    May 27, 2008 at 7:36 am | edit

    wow! those are really nice shot! we still have 27 years before our 40 years!

    Linnor replied:
    Hi Jo! Thanks! I pray that we all get to celebrate our own 40th anniversaries. ;)



    3 | Junnie
    May 27, 2008 at 8:27 am | edit

    galing. missed this big event…pero with the pics parang andun na rin ako…just arrived by the way…

    Linnor replied:
    It was a very solemn mass with the church brimming with invited guests and security men. The reception was an even bigger attendance except that GMA had to miss it to attend the wake of Ever Garcia. GMA even had pictures at the wake that got published in the newspaper wearing the gown she wore during the anniversary mass. :)



    4 | Jet
    May 28, 2008 at 3:24 am | edit

    oh wow… seems to be the month for anniversaries… hehe. Jay and I have 13 more to go to our 40th. Maybe by then I’m going to have a proper Church wedding :) That’s what dreams are made of, right?

    Linnor replied:
    Oh yes we all our dream of that perfect moment. :) Wishing you and Jay more anniversaries to come.



    5 | justice
    May 28, 2008 at 8:26 am | edit

    it’s always nice to read of such celebrations. and the shots! as always—luv it! specially the silhouette of the lovely couple and the cutting of the cake.

    Linnor replied:
    Thanks for the compliment Justice. Naka-chamba lang me. :D



    6 | Pinky
    May 28, 2008 at 5:14 pm | edit

    Happy anniversary to your aunt and uncle! As you said, not all couples reach this far – they are truly blessed :)

    Take care!

    Linnor replied:
    Hi Pinky! Praying that we all be as blessed, if not more.



    7 | janette
    May 30, 2008 at 8:21 pm | edit

    Great photos, Linnor! Love the colors! You & Jerry are blessed have good role models. :)

    Linnor replied:
    Hi Janette! Pressure on our part? Hahahah! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete