Wednesday, February 5, 2003

High Tech Boon or Bane?



I head the Visayas region. I have seven assistants directly reporting to me whom I assigned to do specific tasks. They are very efficient and like clockwork, are able to prepare prompt and accurate (well almost) reports for my review. We work as a team. They render OT work when necessary. With their help, I am able come up with financial reports useful to the Company. All this is because everyone in our department is computer literate.



To communicate with my family, friends, and colleagues at work, I use the telephone, cellphone, email (especially this one because it's free), sms, fax, blog, tagboard and Yahoo IM. To organize our schedules, financial and personal data, Jerry and I use the computer and PDA and completely junked our paper organizers. I check my account balances by viewing the bank statements online. I transfer funds online as well to avoid the long queue especially during payday. I pay some of our utilities through credit card and by phone to save on precious time and gas in the process. If I need to work on our company's financial reports on weekends to meet deadlines, I don't have to drive myself to the office (though it's only 15 minutes away), I just hook up to the server using my computer.



Gee.... isn't it just amazing how in this electronic age we have all these gadgets that are supposed to make work faster and life a lot easier, yet, we still seem to be rushing and in need of MORE time?...



@-->---Linnor

No comments:

Post a Comment