Sunday, November 24, 2002

Harry Potter 2


Had a movie date with my boys at SM. It was my first time to watch a Harry Potter movie (no kidding!). It had near flawless cinematic effects that were amazing especially with the kids. However, I found the movie too long at over 2 hours. There were a few instances that I was tempted to sleep (could also be because it was already late). Jerry was not lucky enough to fight the urge...hihihi...I'd say he spent quite a sum just to catch a few winks.




Prior to watching, I had biases about the movie (part 1 & 2). Emails being circulated say that kids shouldn't be watching this type of movie that dealt with wizardry & magic. Some emails went as far as saying that the author promoted witchcraft etc. Contrary to these so-called "warnings", I didn't find anything directly attacking the religion. In fact, I felt that this was just another "fantasy" film similar to the Star Wars series. Some people might have just over-reacted to the movie's popularity. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment