Monday, August 25, 2008

Face, Manga, Avatar

Linnor lar

Yes, I work in an IT company but I'm far from being a developer or a software engineer. I belong to the hr/admin/finance group. But when you're surrounded by the young and the tech-y, you couldn't help but try what they've been up to.

Take for example the Faceyourmanga site. I noticed contacts in my Twitter and YM accounts have changed their avatars. So I joined in the fray and made an avatar for myself as well. Hahaha... Gaya-gaya. Though the word "manga" seems strange to me, however, the site wasn't really anything complicated. Check out the image above. Do I look (even remotely) similar to the avatar I made? Would I change my avatar pics on Wordpress or Twitter or Yahoo Messenger using this?

I guess not. :) The avatar kinda looks cute though... Hehehe...

9 comments:

  1. Your Manga face looks just like you!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job !
    It looks cute.
    It would make nice avatar. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. 85% close...the deepset eyes are not...i made mine a month ago and it never did come close. Thus making me really extremely unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh its so cute. I see a resemblance. I think am gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the resemblance actually, the shape of the face, the lips, but maybe the eyes of the Avatar seems to be bigger than yours, but maybe Avatar's eyes are usually huge? I do not know how to make Avatar, it may be hard, but really, you can use this one one for your own made Avatar. Congrats. But if your Avatar in Wordpress is your picture above, I think that is a better Avatar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, i do not make sense, as i am not very familiar with avatars :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. the avatar does look cute! i'll give it a try, thanks for the tip! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6 | linnor
    August 26, 2008 at 10:24 am | edit

    Hi Michelle! Thanks! I initially thought it looks cuter. Hehehe…

    Hi TJ! Awww… Thanks!

    Hi Junnie! Unique in a good way, I suppose? :D

    Hi Leah! Hehehe… Glad to know you want to try it too.

    Hi Jo! 2 na kayo nagsabi. I’m convinced na. ;)


    9 | linnor
    August 30, 2008 at 8:23 am | edit

    Hi Elizabeth! Hehehe. There were a few options to start with. :) I guess that’s how an avatar is supposed to look, pretty much like a caricature of the real facial features. You might want to try the site to make one too. ;)


    11 | linnor
    September 12, 2008 at 12:56 am | edit

    Hi Caryn!
    Happy avatar-making! :D

    ReplyDelete