Saturday, September 2, 2006

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Jake and a new-found friend
The colors of Cebu Pacific... Jake and a new-found friend at the airport terminal.

I've heard that line before. It comes to my mind now after coming to terms with what I have been dealt with. Thanks to my family (Ma most especially), relatives, friends and virtual friends who have left encouraging comments and have uttered short prayers for us. I feel truly blessed.

The battle is yet to be won, but I am optimistic this will come to pass really really really soon. The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel is getting more visible now. We're wracking our brains and doing everything we can to resolve the challenge but I leave it all up to Him to deliver us from this one.

-----

So it's been about 2 weeks since my last post. My world has been turned upside-down but gratefully, a lot of wonderful things have happened.

AUGUST 5 - My sister, May and BIL Rommel, together with old-time friends, came to Cebu for a short vacation. They took advantage of the Cebu Pacific promo and paid P10 per person for fare (excluding airport taxes and fees). Taking advantage of this big savings, their group made a side-trip as well to see Bohol. Ah to be young and carefree indeed....

May, Rommel and friends

AUGUST 19 - We watched the opening of the boys' school's intramurals. Jake didnt mind the noise and the heat and gamely sat and slept throughout the simultaneous basketball games where his elder brothers played.

Kyle on the right
I never imagined hot pink would look this good on the 4th graders! Kyle is on the farthest right.

The Ball Captain and his Muse
Lovely pair, our Matt, the Ball Captain and his muse, Camille

with niece Jenny and SIL Rita
Niece Jenny, SIL Rita, me and sleeping Jake, Matt and Kyle



After the games, together with SIL and niece, we went to Dimsum Break at Mango Square for a quick lunch.

AUGUST 22 - Our smart-sourcing IT company sent 8 delegates to the Java in Cebu conference held at Waterfront Hotel, Lahug.

Our booth stood next to the bigger and more well-known IT Companies like SAP but we were swamped the most by the students and other delegates.

IMG_4863

(Back row, left to right) Erle, Bong, Butchoy, Teody, Pete
(Front row, left to right) Dexter, Jackie, Ria, Juvy, Jerry


IMG_4837

The same group at Waterfront Hotel Lahug, minus Erle, Ria and Jerry

IMG_4794

AUGUST 24 - I got an unexpected call from Roehl, my former immediate superior at my previous employer, Islacom (now Innove). He was in town with yet a former batchmate, DJ, in College of Business and Economics at De La Salle University. They are both well-placed at Cemex and I'm just happy to know that they're both doing great.

Roehl is now the CFO and DJ is the Tax Director. We had a lot of things to talk about since there were just too many things in common, the 3 of us being in the field of finance. I wish they stayed longer. Perhaps on their next business trip?

Roehl, DJ and me
Roehl, DJ and moi.

Meanwhile, life goes on...

7 comments:

  1. Hi Linnor, I'm so happy you're feeling better. Happy, too, seeing the pictures of your family :) I continue to pray for you and hope your challenge will resolve soon. Take care & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parang kailan lang, taga Isla tayo. Miss ko na rin yong pa-dinner dinner pag nag Cebu trip si Mr. Bautista. Sayang Ms. Linnor 'di tayo nagmeet dito sa Mississauga, naikwento ko kina Conrad na dumaan ka dito pero sa blogsite mo ko na nalaman.

    Next time, balik ka uli dito - treat nami breakfast, lunch and dinner mo, smahan pa ng two snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello linnor!
    yup, indeed life goes on...ill keep you and your family in my prayers! cute ni lil jake talaga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'super' mom ka talaga, linnor! all the best to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI NINA!
    Thanks so much for the prayers! I'm feeling a lot more composed now. :D

    HI JINKAI!
    Ang bilis ng panahon ano? Buti na lang di nakakalimot si Roehl to keep in touch kahit di na sya taga-Cebu. ;) Next time I get to visit Mississauga (Toronto), I will definitely get in touch with you and Conrad! Sayang ang treat! Hahaha!

    HI ANNABANANA!
    Aw sweet. Thanks very much dearie!

    HI TIN!
    Thanks! I kinda like the sound of it - "supermom" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like life is going well for you; whatever troubles you may still be going through, it doesn't show on you naman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI TONI!
    I take that as a compliment! Thanks marikit-sis!

    ReplyDelete