Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Feeling for Pyro

Some paint here A little color on this side
JAKE: "Some paint here... a little color on this side..."
A sunny yellow this time I hope little Pyro is feeling better now
JAKE: "A sunny yellow this time... Batista might have gone away but will be back in October. I hope little Pyro is feeling better now."



-----

Last Saturday, I was down with some intestinal flu (self-diagnosis) after devouring almost a bagful of Wiggles (darn!) the night before. I could hardly think of food for the whole day as my tummy felt it was already full of something, gas presumably. I only had enough energy to sit up and surf the afternoon tv programs. I felt woozy most of the day and managed to finish just a bowl of porridge and a piece of banana.

Sunday, I was feeling a bit better but had a new malady to contend with, a toothache! Argh! This pre-molar has been RCT-ed (root canal treatment) but appeared to be due for a back-job. After a visit to my dentist who x-rayed my gum, injected it with anaesthetic (youch!), poked and temporarily filled my tooth, my head now feels 5 pounds heavier. I now have a throbbing headache...

The only good thing that came out of this weekend, and I mean really good thing.... I lost 2 lbs!

Though its been rough the past days, its nothing compared to what little Pyro is going through now. Pyro is a 3-year old boy who is ill. His wish is to see the Fil-Greek wrestler, Batista. Hopefully someone is able to grant this boy's wish as Batista will be back for the WWE Survivor Series Tour slated on Oct 21-22 at the Araneta Coliseum.

I hope and pray he gets his wish. More than anything, I pray that Pyro is over his sickness and on his way to recovery.

---

Swinging

So high. . .
Wind tickles my tummy
Plays with my feet
Gives my hair a ride.
So high. . .
Grab a leaf from a tree
Reach a so-far-up branch
See over the edge of my earth.
So high. . .
Meditate on being
Touch all my thoughts
Think about friends
And families and
Brothers and sisters.
So high. . .
Leave this world for a bit
Jump into Heaven for a moment
Then, swing back into my life again.
So high. . .

Mattie - 8/1/98
© Hyperion. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.myhero.com/poets/mattienew.asp

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I'm glad there's Flanax 40 to alleviate this pounding headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't bought Pyro a painting set... but I know he does pretty much most of what little boys do...

    Anyway, your boy is cute...

    And your heart is generous.

    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    My oh my, Jake has grown a lot. btw, you are a dear for writing about Pyro. I need to post soon so I can write a about him.

    As for me, thanks for asking. All is wonderful. I have been stressing a little about some things and really need to work on that. I will write about it soon.

    How about you? I knew something challenging had come your way recently. How's that going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is an artist. Cute photos!

    Toni had forwarded Pyro's site to me. It really is gut-wrenching and heart-breaking to have someone so young suffer so much.

    Like you, I hope his wishes come true. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhmm, jake is taking after his kuya kyle, right? he's the artist right? cute talaga ni lil jake...
    ive read the pyro post, and i emailed WWE...will post something about that soon! bless your heart linnor, for helping spread the word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow my Jake has the making of a national artist in painting! He could be a Fernando Amorsolo, Hernando Ocampo or Ang Kiukok in the future!

    Nice start Jake.Keep it up! Hope Mommy does not run out of crayons and drawing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI DELISH!
    Jake is 2 years and 6 months old, very much like Pyro's age. When I learned about Pyro's affliction, it tugged my heart. I could almost feel what you're feeling for him...

    I continue to whisper prayers of a speedy recovery and better health for Pyro...

    HI PINAYHEKMI!
    I'm glad to know you still make the rounds of bloghopping. I hope whatever it is you need to work out, gets done soon. :)

    I'm feeling better now and quite happy after ironing out some major kinks. ;)

    HI MONINA!
    My Jake is pretending to be an artist. And if he grows fond of painting, I'd surely be happy about it! Bihira yun in the family. Hehehe....

    HI ANNABANANA!
    Yes I think, Jake and Kyle are alike in that aspect - arts. I think Jake is trying his hands on his 2 elder brothers' interests. Combination sya until he discovers what he really wants. Hehehe...

    Just trying to help spread the word about Pyro and his wish...

    HI PAPARAZZI!
    I hope!!!! I was quite surprised he was all focused on what he was painting... Parang may talent nga yata. Hahaha! Kaninong branch of the family kaya nagmana? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete