Thursday, May 1, 2003

Labor Day



It's an annual tradition for the company of Jerry's family to have a summer outing in the beach. Last year it was in Costabella. The same beach that Jerry and I used to frequent when we were newly-married. It's not the same though. Sad to see the once attractive resort is now reduced to dried and balding mounds of grass for a landscape.



Today they are having it in Tambuli. I haven't been there in a long time so I don't really know how it looks now. But Jerry, Matt and Kyle are there for lunch and to spend some time playing in the sand. Though they were instructed not to swim in the pool (still part of my paranoia), they were told to bring their big water guns.



My boys are in the beach having fun, so what am I doing here at home? I was part of the plan initially up until we were about to go. However, I decided to just have a Me day. Ever the understanding husband, Jerry took my mood-swing in stride, hugged me and continued to lead the boys out the door.



Now I've done my nails, and checked my inbox. There's work in my office email which I intend to do when I feel like it. I've made a few rounds of blog hopping. Later after lunch, I'm going to do some catching up on my Bible reading, and sleep (which normally follows after several chapters of Deuteronomy), or just vegetate in front of the computer or tv.



It's been a while since I felt like a bum. Have a productive Labor Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment