Monday, September 10, 2007

Bibingka

Bibingka at Kenya Caffe
---


P65 might not be too cheap for the lowly but delicious bibingka. But if you're looking for something to munch at 11 PM after an hour of foot pampering and you fancy something sweet, native and yummy (of course), the bibingka is a good bet. But where do you find this fare at this unholy hour of the night when most restaurants are bidding their last diner goodbye?

With Ma, who gamely joined me despite her affliction with the dreaded diabetes, I happened to satisfy my bibingka fix at Kenya Kaffe Lounge at the Forum. It's more on the sweet side but I'm all for sugar (in moderation) when I'm pms-ing craving.

It's the "Ber" months... Bibingka sure reminds me of Christmas...


DSC01964
Ayan laki tuloy ng braso ko... :P

10 comments:

  1. sis, may paraan para hindi lumabas na malaki ang braso sa photo--do ala Kris Aquino, naka pamewang sa pics lagi...or pull back your shoulders :P

    i want bibingka too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JOJO!
    Masubukan nga ang ganoong pose sis. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you celebrating with Mamarazzi Grandparents'Day with a Bibingka treat? But where are the kiddos?

    No bugoys from there even greeted this poor old man? But I am not complaining. Pinapakita ko lang sa inyo na I still remember special dates like this. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI PAPARAZZI!
    Grandparents Day ba? Hahaha! Happy Grannies' day belated!

    When I checked Google, it's a US holiday pala celebrated on the 1st Sunday after Labor Day.

    Here in the Phils, the holiday was invented by SM and Ayala Malls.

    Labyu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Apetit makes good bibingka too! And there are single serve bibingkas too sold by Bibingkinitan. There's a branch in the food court of Shangri-La. You might to try it when you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI EM DY!
    Ooooh.... Gotta try that too. So far, Via Mare's version of the bibingka is what sticks to my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my fave is juanchito's but i don't think they're still in business na eh. :( i miss bibingka tuloy. makahanap nga ng mix... hehehe.

    happy grandparents day! (to your mom and dad, of course!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI MEEYA!
    I also use mix if I crave for it. Not as good though but puede na rin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. bigla kong na-miss ang bibingka (magpadala kaya ako sa in-laws hehe) and it also reminds me of christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI MICH!
    Hehehe... early Christmas thoughts... And why not? It's less than a 100 days away... ;)

    ReplyDelete