Thursday, May 25, 2006

Missing Mississauga

Brrr!


Picture above was taken by Junnie just after the subway took off... No editing done.


Last Night

We got to Mississauga, after the shopping tour, just in time to get us dinner and enjoy the finals night of American Idol. I was rooting for Kat Mcphee while Junnie was for Taylor Hicks. Hehe!

It was really cold even under layers of clothes and sitting in Junnie and Mitzi's nice condo overlooking Mississauga, having chicken and salad for dinner, and getting serenaded by Kat and Taylor on tv, I woudn't have any other way to cap the day spent mostly on the road.

American Idol TV Dinner


American Idol TV Dinner


Today

It was my first time to see Mississauga at daytime and I marvelled at the wide expanse of the place and how clean and quiet it was. After seeing their newly acquired house and how near it was to the Catholic church, the school, the wet market and the mall, it certainly looked like the perfect place to raise a family.

Mississauga


I wish we had this kind of waiting sheds in Cebu/Manila.


At Mississauga


This is just outside Junnie and Mitzi's condo, the perfect place for kids to run around and for families to just spend a lazy spring or summer afternoon after work walking their dogs or playing with the kids. You'll get plenty of these parks and open spaces in Mississauga.

Here are some pictures from downtown Toronto that I took. If you see my face, it's Junnie's handiwork.

The Mall


The mall


Another Angle


New City Hall


The new city hall


Downtown Toronto


Going to the CN Tower By the CN Tower


The CN tower in the background


Bird's Eyeview


The view from the CN Tower


Queen Elizabeth Stays Here


Queen Elizabeth stays here


Terminal or Museum?


Museum? Terminal? Terminal!


Shopping Time


Though what was supposed to be a few days in Mississauga got shortened to a night and a day, Junnie managed to show me most of what this place was all about. Its beauty, the peaceful surroundings and the wholesome community I saw made me want to stay longer. I was leaving the place wanting for more time to be in it, to be with Junnie and Mitzi and to see more of its attractions. Funny, but even before I could leave, I was already beginning to miss Mississauga.

16 comments:

  1. wow, the place certainly looks very peaceful! i'm sure the air is 100x fresher than here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. musta na...galing ka pala ng toronto, bago na yan mga bus stop na yan, masarap uminom ng Tim Hortons coffee sa mga bus stop during snow...hindi ka ba miyaya ni Junnie sa Tim Hortons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI TONI!
    Yes it is peaceful and a really good destination for migrant families. :D

    HI TECHGUY!
    Aba, oo nga ano... di yata ako nakapag-Tim Horton's! Hahahah... Kulang ang sightseeing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the footprints your Mamarazzi and I left behind last September. If you have gone to places like Jack Darling, Kingston, Ottawa, Niagara and other key cities of Ontario then you will not miss them. :-)

    Keep those nice photos for posterity. Kelangan you must have 5-volume albums for your Canadian sojourn like your Mama's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI PAPARAZZI!
    I almost lost more than 5 volumes of albums because of Zia the other weekend. Buti na lang to the rescue ang Mother May! :D
    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. not sure what happen to the comment I transmitted earlier but it sure had not showed up. Sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful time here in the U.S. and in Canada last May. Photos are great! You looked cold in most of them. Don't blame you. The farther north you go, the colder it gets. I never could get used to the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI BEBOT!
    Your earlier comment was posted on my "Homey New Jersey" entry. :D Thanks! I realized I'm not adaptable to the cold weather after all. Hahahah... I was most at home during our weekend in Las Vegas! :D I love the 20-30 Celsius temps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mississauga and the rest of Canada is still a must see in my travel list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aha, still on travel mode.. nice places, never been in that part of the planet, pero parang navisit ko na rin hehe, keep on posting those nice pix..

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI JERRY!
    Nakalamang ako sayo this time! :P Joke!

    HI ANALYSE
    I'm long overdue in posting these 1.5-months old pictures! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful place! (ay, sa amin pala yan...) - but really 1.5 days is not enough to enjoy it. good thing you were able to see most of what are considered 'musts' for a tourist. Would you believe we have friends who've been here for more than 4 years but havent gone up to the CN Tower?

    ongapala, dont ask Papa about Tim Horton's and the tissue incident..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linnor,

    Next time you should stay a little bit longer... and I will take you to Tim Horton's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI JO!
    That definitely sounds like a good plan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linnor,

    Wow, you were here pala in Toronto recently. It is a must see for sure if you are in Canada. My hubby's brother lives in Missisauga as well.
    And yes, there are more places to see. I've been to Alberta and Quebec. Its a beauty.

    btw, can I link you to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI LEAH!
    I was totally impressed with what I saw in Mississauga. Ang linis and ang ganda! Tahimik pa. It certainly is a perfect place to raise a family.

    Sure, I will link you as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I love the cleanliness here . Also the caring for the environment as well as all the recycling programs.

    thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete