Saturday, May 21, 2005

Having It My Way

Being a Friday, Jerry invited me to lunch. At first he wanted to have Japanese at Rai Rai Ken, but I thought of having it instead in Maribago Bluewater Beach. Since my new job is in Mactan Island now, that makes the beaches really accessible in minutes.

We shared a really big serving of fresh fruits halo-halo in young coconut topped with a giant scoop of ube ice cream and a big plate of chorizo spaghetti. The halo-halo wasn’t for dessert though, we had them served together. Haha. And with wild abandon, we heartily maneuvered our way between the two. Sayang I forgot to take pictures. When I remembered, we were half-way done. I would have wanted to crow about it and have you all drooling. Hehehe… Maybe next time…

0520_1
The ceiling of the newly-renovated halo-halo bar

0520_2
On the right of this walkway are the new rooms of Maribago

8 comments:

  1. I never liked doing things alone...going to the movies, window shopping, or having lunch...that's why having lunch together with Linnor in Mactan was a great idea! In a few weeks the kids will be off to school...where should I have lunch? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. linnor,
    congratulations on your new job! dapat sa iyo sa circus pumasok, i am just awed at your ability to juggle roles so expertly! mother to three kids, sweet wife to jerry, siter,daughter, friend, blogger! haaay naku, linnor, you are truly living THE life!
    nice new home here...will you still keep the old one? should i update my link now? or add ko lang ito?
    anyway, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JERRY!
    Uuuy... having to drive from the city to the island just to have lunch with me will really cost you now. Hehehe... Let's do it again after you come back from Macau. :D (Parang may rhyme ano?)

    HI ANNABANANA!
    Thanks! When I started to work, I had to give up a chunk of my time being with my kids (lalo na ngayong summer vacation). It's not easy really, but it's something that will benefit us all as a family, financially hehehe. Yah, I'm keeping the old site, but most of my updates will be here. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linnor! Buti na lang di tayo natuloy maglunch, di sana kayo nakapag-date ni Jerry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi linnor! i'm one of tin's marikits! this post just reminded me of our honeymoon in Maribago. i kind of forgot now why, but i missed the halo-halo on that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahem ahem, may halo-halo din kami dito sa Maynila! :) hehehe :)

    yun nga lang you get to eat it by the beach... ako, sa airconditioned restaurant :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI JOJO!
    I've been to your site too and I like your template, cute! Next time you're in Maribago, don't forget the halo-halo. It's all fresh fruits kaya ang sarap! :)

    HI BEABEAR!
    Sikat pa kaya yung Digman's sa Cavite? Yun lang ang naaalala ko na sikat na halo-haloan dati e. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI MIMI!
    Oi, kung natuloy tayo kasama ka ding kumain ng halo-halo! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete