Friday, August 8, 2003

Photo Friday Entry: SLEEP









After an active day in school, having attended his basketball club today, he took a quick shower and changed his dirty clothes with this red shirt which he wore to dinner at a relative's house. Matt had a hefty meal of crabs, Yang Chow fried rice and roasted pig among others. It was pretty filling, I should say. When we arrived home, he had just about enough energy to watch Lethal Weapon on VCD before finally calling it a day. I guess he was too tired to even change his shirt for bed.









Happy Birthday EJ



This afternoon at 5pm sharp, I hastily cleaned my desk and kept all my things just a few moments after Jerry texted me he was on his way. We were in fact late in getting the kids from school. With the traffic, we got to school at almost 530pm.



The moment the kids were in the car, I was immediately assaulted with the familiar smelly scent akin to somebody who just had gone from a strenuous activity. Indeed, while waiting for us, Matt played basketball and perhaps Kyle too had his share of running. Too much I thought.



"Matt! You knew we were invited to this party for dinner, why did you and Kyle have to play today and get yourself all dirty and smelly?", I scolded. Poor things, they had to get the brunt of my moods. To make the long story short, we drove to the house of my mom-in-law which was just nearby for a quick shower and a change of clothes (we purposely brought extra shirts and denim shorts).



Soon we were headed for EJ's 2nd birthday. Some of the guests were probably caught in the rush hour snarl because there were just a few cars when we arrived at the place at around 6. The kids' party was just winding up and the big people's dinner was about to begin.



As Matt and Kyle went to greet Lola Meding, Mama Sol and Papa Lalo, they were both kissed and hugged. "Guapo (handsome)! Humot (smells good)!", my Tita said. I heaved a sigh of relief. That quick shower just saved the day.



the party crowd Matt working the buffet table Jerry eating with gusto!
I cleaned this off.  No kidding! Jerry raiding the loot bag for more munchies? freshly showered and ready to party

No comments:

Post a Comment