Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Inconsistency



Last week I sent an email*** requesting head office to reclass some P500,000 worth of freight charges covering June and July, (only one contractor serviced this particular expense account) to improve our bottomline. I felt that these costs charged to our group was way too much. I went as far as copy furnishing the CEO and CFO to let them know I was concerned about costs.



Today an email from our CFO was sent to me, my Finance counterparts and the Directors. It bore the message: "This is worth emulating". Funny thing is, what was being referred to by our CFO as worth emulating was the email sent to him by my counterpart in Northern Luzon whom we will refer to as L. L recommended a list of cost cutting measures to improve the bottom line, measures that covered office supplies, and power consumption, overtime, etc. which did not even come close to P500,000 on savings over 2 months or did not translate to a significant improvement in bottomlines. What, and this was worth emulating? L was also just doing his job. I have nothing against him, but a lot against our CFO (whoa strong words there).



It turns out that the CFO, according to a lot of reliable sources, is part of the enterprise of the contractor for the freight services I was "complaining" about.



Oh, now I get it.



***My email is already archived for use in my future "privelege speech" should there be a need... *snickers*



No comments:

Post a Comment