Monday, September 1, 2003

Just an Update



Just a while ago, I craved for beef steak for lunch. After indulging myself, I felt I couldn't take another bite of it. Then I thought my officemate's "pinakbet" looked more appealing. Short of requesting the utility man to go buy for me, I changed my mind.



Not only with food do I manifest a different behavior. I used to think watching tv was a big waste of time. I'd rather go online and blog. Last Saturday and Sunday, I didn't even touch my laptop, because I was literally glued to the sofa surfing channels.



Why is it that when a woman is expecting, her whole life suddenly makes drastic changes that are unexpected? I've been a mom twice over with Matt & Kyle. Now after 7 years, I'm going to be a mom again. I'm supposed to be used to this right? I should now have a working knowledge of how to handle this delicate phase, right?



Hmm... Not me. I'm going through the same symptoms I had back in 1993 and 1996 - the same hormone-induced appetite and mood-swings that surprise even myself. And yet it feels I'm going through it for the first time!





(I feel like eating ube flan right this very minute... Not just any ube flan but the one from Mother's. At least that's what my "lihi" dictates....)

No comments:

Post a Comment