Friday, June 27, 2003

An Unexpected Blessing



Matt and his gold medal

Let me interrupt my European travel chronicles by this particular post which happened today.



We attended the grade school awarding ceremony this morning at the kids' school for last schoolyear's performance. Kyle graduated with honors in preschool last March. Third quarter of last schoolyear, I remember reprimanding Matthew for being lax in his studies which resulted to a grade below 90 in one subject. I was almost sure that he has just disqualified himself from getting even the bronze medal. So when we arrived from vacation, I was really surprised when he happily announced that he is again one of the medalists, the ranking to be known during the awarding.



This morning at the ceremonies, I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see. I hurriedly opened the programme to look for his name half expecting a bronze. There it was in the Grade 3 list (he is now in Grade 4), his complete name right beside the word: "GOLD".



What a really proud Mom that made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment