Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Returning the Visit (Last Installment)

November 12, Saturday

Jerry and I took the extra time to mix official trip with pleasure and personal business. We spent the morning up to the early afternoon meeting with a supplier, checking out the new Greenhills Theatre Mall, and having our late lunch at Teriyaki Boy.

Norwegian salmon at Teriyaki Boy
Norwegian salmon at Teriyaki Boy. Isn't that just yummy????

Beef at Teriyaki Boy Promenade
While I enjoyed my salmon, Jerry had this tender beef...

When we got home at a little before dinner time, everyone was there including sis and bro-in-law as well as Ma and Pa. After a quick meal, we decided to spend the last night in Manila at....

Ta-dah! Starbucks Alabang. Woohoo. *ang babaw ba*

At Starbucks Alabang

At Starbucks Alabang

At Starbucks Alabang

At Starbucks Alabang

November 13, Sunday

It was a perfect day to fly home to Cebu but not without hearing mass at Our Lady of Fatima where the homily was delivered by a straightforward and articulate priest. It was also one of those rare moments that I was with my sis May and our hubs Jerry and Rommel. It felt like it was only a few years ago when we would attend mass with Ma and Pa, getting up early to make it to the 11am schedule inspite of lack of sleep from the previous night's partying (or cramming?). Hehehe.... Now we were there with our partners. Sigh.... time flies...

Soon it was time to part... as in the past trips where we would be brought by everyone (if schedules allow) to the airport, loved ones were there to see us off, even chubby niece Zia, as if we were going abroad. Haha!

Manila cityscape
See you again soon Manila!

Cebu landscape
Couldn't wait to see you, Cebu!

My short 3-day trip to Manila saw me in 3 malls (Podium, F Tiangge, Greenhills), Cinnabon, Yellow Cab, a Mediterranean resto (Cafe Med), an Italian resto (Capisce), a Japanese resto (Teriyaki Boy), and 3 Starbucks outlets (Metrowalk, Las Pinas and Alabang) and with plenty of bonding time with loved ones.

18 comments:

  1. HI ANNABANANA!
    K-rek! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny....We had coffee at Starbucks for 3 times in the last 3 days...Cebu's Starbucks outlet has been open for a year or 2 and I've been there 3 times also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JERRY!
    What does that make us, fans of Starbucks or not? I guess, kung saan may manglilibre, doon tayo. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang sarap naman, reunion with family week after week all over the philippines! inggit ako!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo nga, ang productive naman ng 3 days nyo. :)

    I miss the Philippines. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aside from loving Jerry and family very much, I know why you love Cebu and could not stay longer than 3 days in Manila---the smog any time of day is THICKER here than in that beautiful island of the Pacific. (Please refer to the last two fotos).

    Ergo, breathing is much easier there than in Manila despite the imposition of the so-called Clean Air Act. "Sigh" And the beaches are just fantastic and prices of food are unbelievably affordable!

    So expect us again on the 22nd of December til the 28th. See you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i miss those places...puro tambayan namin nila Mama yan ah....we used to go to Teroyaki Boy in Glorietta near Landmark after Prayer Meetings circa 2003...

    kami, kelan niyo bibisitahin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pics LInnor!

    di obvious na mahilig ka sa starbucks :P

    i've been to Cebu only once, pero scared ako sa flight na yon--having to pass through all those mountain ranges...yeeehhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. sana may trip ulit sa Manila sa January :-)

    uy, will be home from the 29th of Dec until the 21st of Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello hello!

    I was in Cebu for the Ad Congress. :) I passed by Tee'licious in Ayala Town Center!!! I bought two tops -- one white and one blue. Scoop neck ba yun? I love the shirts, especially the blue one cuz the fabric was soft. Your saleslady was very kind an accommodating. I must've tried on a dozen shirts before settling on the white and blue. She was so patient!

    Hindi na kita na-contact, busy kasi sa Congress :( Next time, next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI PAZ!
    Malapit na naman ang kasunod. Ma & Pa said they will be in Cebu again for Christmas. Yey!

    HI JET!
    Parang puro gimmick no? We worked though, wala lang masyadong pics to document that serious part of the trip. :)

    HI PAPARAZZI!
    That is one of the best news I heard this week. You and Ma will be spending the Christmas holidays in Cebu! YEEESSSSS!!!!! Can't wait to see you again.

    Yes, see that smog beneath the clouds (2nd to the last foto), that aerial shot was taken on a Sunday when most people are at home. That's the air you and Ma breathe everyday.... Ugh!

    HI JUNNIE!
    Next year hopefully maka-visit kami ni Jerry sa Canada... How about you? Di ka ba inggit that Pa and Ma will be in Cebu for Christmas? Punta din kayo ni Mitzi. :D

    HI JOJO!
    Thanks! Inspired me mag-pichur-pichur. Take PAL or Cebu Pac na Airbus so that you wouldn't be scared as much when you fly again to Cebu. The bigger the bus, the lesser you feel the air pockets. ;)

    HI ANP!
    Oo nga sana the next trip to Manila sakto sa time na you're there too. Hey, you could swing by Cebu sa 15th of Jan for the Sinulog mardi gras. ;)

    HI TONI!
    WHAAATTT? Sayang! Had I known na you were in Cebu, I would have shown you around. Yes, I know the Ad Congress was a big event and I'm sure you were busy, but thanks a lot for dropping by and patronizing Tee'licious! I was there whole afternoon of Saturday up to 7:30pm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe sayang! I was there Friday afternoon naman! Saturday I dropped by SM Cebu heehee. Malling ang inatupag 'no?

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI TONI!
    Hahaha, malling in Cebu... You could actually go to all the malls here in one day and with plenty of time to spare. Lapit lang kasi and wala masyadong traffic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love teriyaki boy! when i go to the phils. (since malapit na kami hehe) i'll definitely meet-up with you in beautiful cebu!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI JUSTICE!
    Tara! I will gladly take you around. Give me a heads-up before you get here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linnor,
    I was surfing the internet the other day looking for whatever news that came out of Cebu when I came across your website. Just being curious at first, I started reading your site, and the more I read, the more I got fascinated by all the photos and things you have written about your family and work. I now added your website to my favorites and look forward to reading the update.
    Your site is a great piece of work; it's wonderful and I'm enjoying it.

    Maria
    Jesup, Georgia, USA

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI MARIA!
    I am deeply flattered by your comment. I'm glad you enjoy visiting the site. You're always welcome here. Thanks a lot really! :D

    ReplyDelete