Sunday, November 6, 2005

Pa & Ma's Cebu Visit - Part 1

I'm feeling lazy to post. But the numerous pictures I took of the occasions for the past several days are egging me to compose... Thus, I am finally doing it....

OCTOBER 29 - Arrival of Paparazzi and Mamarazzi

My Parents
A blurred shot of smiling Ma & Pa at Da Vinci's Pizza IT Park. Darn my shaky hands!

OCTOBER 30 - MY BIRTHDAY

What a great way to start a beautiful day with a series of cute shots of Jake and the new balls I bought for him. Yes, when it's my birthday, I feel extra-generous to share the blessings by shopping for my loved ones instead of buying new stuff for myself. For Jake, these balls, 100 pieces in all, are a joy to play with. These set me back for P600 but instead of paying P180/visit to the kiddie play station at Ayala Mall, buying these was a better idea and great subject for the camera too.

Jake.....Jake

Jake


As I was planning on how to celebrate the occasion, treating my family to a sumptuous Chinese buffet lunch at the Grand Convention crossed my mind.
Grand Convention Lunch Buffet for P275/pax

It was actually a toss-up between Chinese (pictured above) or native (pictured below)...
Manang Gina, famous for their biko

I decided it would be best to just bring the good food to Mama Sol's house, share an intimate dinner and celebrate with my family and special guests...
Birthday dinner feast

Special birthday guests

2 sides of my maiden family

Jake and Lola Meding

I thank the good Lord for the wonderful blessings that He has generously bestowed on me and my family. I am a year older now and hopefully yearS wiser too. :)

Gift from my boys....Yummm!
I received 3 pieces of this heavenly chocolate bar from my boys as a birthday gift and I have the perfect excuse to indulge in this gooey goodness. Hahaha!

14 comments:

  1. linnor! belated happy birthday! good health and more happiness to you :) i have to say, looking at the lechon in the pic got me all tongue-tied, speechless, and drooly, hehe. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday my dear linnor! sarap ng handa mo! lechon! isang buo! super inggit ako! sana sa next bakasyon namin sa pinas makadaan kami ng cebu. fave namin ni simon ang shang mactan and promised that we'll be back!!!!

    mwah! ang tangkad na ng panganay mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed blessed and you have lots of blessings to thank our Loving God for! One of them is the gift of F.M.I.L.Y. where all members love one another. That's why we always hear everyone say on a regualr basis this:

    F--ather
    A--nd
    M--other
    I--I
    L--ove
    Y--ou! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linnor!

    Happy Birthday! Sorry if it's a bit late. Looks like you had a nice celebration with family.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI MEEYAGIRL!
    Thanks! The yummy lechon was a birthday treat by Ma. :D Sarap-sarap... :p

    HI JO!
    Korek, kaso fattening! :D

    HI CHRISTINE!
    If you happen to be in Cebu sa next vacation nyo ni Simon, let me know. Kain din tayo ng lechon. Hehehe :)

    HI PAPARAZZI!
    Bitin ako sa visit nyo! Sana isang buwan din gaya ng vacation nyo sa Canada sa kanila ni Junnie. Hope you spend the Christmas holidays in Cebu. Libre namin ni Mama Sol kayo ni Ma ng tickets!

    HI MAYAN!
    Thanks! :) We did have a nice celebration. :D

    Are you attending the November reunion of our HS batch in Alabang?

    ReplyDelete
  6. belated happy birthday Linnor! i wish you and your whole family more blessings of health, bounty and happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI JOJO!
    Thanks for the greetings and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im late!
    sorry..was busy, but i hope matilda and i can help brigthen your day by wishing you many happy returns! have a good day! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know there was one in November. Besides, if plans push through, I can only be in Manila by the 5th of December. We will most likely spend Christmas in Cebu if my husband is able to follow us to the Philippines. Hope to catch you then.

    Guess what? I finally have a "redford" like you. Still finding my way around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI ANNABANANA!
    Hey better late than never! At least di kayo absent ni Matilda sa greeters ko. ;) Thanks!

    HI MAYAN!
    Yes there is a reunion this November and I learned about it last month lang. I hope to be able to attend kaso I'm not sure about my schedule yet. It would be great to see former classmates din.

    Yey, I hope we get to meet up when you're in Cebu in December! Enjoy your new Mac! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a truly "lechon-filled" weekend...not to mention the crabs, the roasted calf, the shrimp...etc. I wished I still had the metabolism of Matts & Kyle...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI JERRY!
    Grabe ang temptation to overeat!... Hahaha. Tapos in a few weeks, Christmas holidays naman..... Diet starts today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't get to gree you in time, Linnor. Belated Happy Birthday!!! You look like you had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete