Sunday, October 9, 2005

Life Continues... Yes, Even Without the Househelp

It's been more than a week now since we let the househelp go. She was advised to leave for a lot of good reasons and after tolerating her for a few months. Now we're back to doing things ourselves. Jerry handles the cooking (I know, shame on me!), I do the other stuff like washing dishes (manual labor over here), dusting the house, fixing the rooms and tidying the toilets (real cleaning is courtesy of Jake's nanny, God bless her!). The 2 elder boys do their bit of helping too like straightening their beds and picking up after their own mess.

For the past year, househelps have come and gone. The good thing is we're all adaptable to the changes now and when the situation calls for it, we all rise up to the occasion (armed with cooking and cleaning stuff!).

9 comments:

  1. one good thing is that you know your children could cope up with situation like this, and they could be responsible enough even at their very young age...bravo to everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would be great training for your kids. i wish i knew more housework growing up so i'd be a better homemaker now (who am i kidding?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ANALYSE!
    Though it didn't come easy as we had to really coax them to do their share, yes, I can now say that this situation teaches them a lot about taking responsibilities. Thanks! :)

    HI VANGIE!
    Yes it is. And if this situation keeps up, I might just have to learn how to cook as well (who am I kidding? ehehehe). :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. househelp are angels and it will take some adjusting for everyone in the house, but for sure, your family will cope, linnor! get those recipe books out and dusted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI RUTH!
    I agree on all counts! Re the last item, yes that's how far I'll probably fare... just dusting the recipe books. Tigas talaga no? Hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  6. later on you will realize that you can run your household without live-ins. a cleaning lady to come once a week helps. after a few years without live-ins, we had to get one when the babies came, we found them as intrusions into our lives. but without them living with you, your family becomes closer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI MAMA NITA!
    I noticed that when we did have a househelp doing things for us, everyone seems to become more dependent to the point of being lazy sometimes. I wish we had a cleaning lady to come once a week. That would have made things easier without the unnecessary intrusion that you mentioned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been without household help for 6 long years now! I didn't think I would survive but I managed to surprise myself. At least you have the option of hiring another one soon. Dito masyadong mahal. I may get someone to clean once in a while though. With my allergies, I get so sick each time I do thorough cleaning and dusting. :( I love the fact that your husband cooks and that your boys do their share. Good for you! You trained them all well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI MADMUSE!
    We recently hired a househelp for P1800 to do the general cleaning and stuff. Yey! :) If we get the chance to migrate to the US, I think we are prepared in the house cleaning aspect. Hehehe. :D

    ReplyDelete