Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Don't Know. I Just Want To... Get Healthy

Cutting Back Now

I feel bad that pasta is now considered something that I should eat sparingly and that cakes and pastries and fastfood/commercial fried foods are to be avoided (bye bye french fries, pizza and fried chicken, Jollibee, McDonalds and the rest.)

On the other hand, I just realized how much of this baked goodies I've been eating before and how much hydrogenated fats/oils (or trans fats - the worst kind of all) have 'polluted' my system!


Click the following links to know more about hydrogenated fat and what it does to our body:

1. Know Your Fats
2. Hydrogenated Oils - The Silent Killers
3. How To Avoid Partially Hydrogenated Fats
4. TransS Fatty Acids And Coronary Heart Disease


Check Out What I Had Lately

Chinese - Majestic Lunch Buffet
The Majestic Lunch Buffet I had during a meeting with my Finance Team. Not too healthy as there is still the oil in the piece of vegetable lumpia on the upper right, and sugar in the sweet and sour fish on the lower left and pork sparerib on the right, and coconut milk in the spicy squid on the center. But hey look, I skipped rice!


Japanese - Salmon & Tempura Bento
Another attempt this time at Rai Rai Ken Japanese Restaurant with their Salmon and Tempura Bento. I failed miserably as the salmon was coated in sweet teriyaki sauce and the tempura is deep-fried in batter (something to be avoided...). I ate all the vegetable siding and skipped the rice though.

The SBD Book
The diminutive SBD book that I always carry in my bag these days.

I'm sure I haven't totally eliminated these dangerous food ingredients (hydrogenated fats, saturated fats, etc), but I'm getting there.

I hope it's not too late to start eating right.

21 comments:

  1. hi linnor, i already placed a reservation at our library for a copy of this diet book... hmmmm... kaya ko kaya mag diet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JO!
    I guess you can, even if you don't need to lose any weight. The book tells you which ones are good to eat and which ones are to be limited or avoided altogether. With that book, I soon realized that we are surrounded by foods that destroy our body instead of give us nourishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing that book in National Bookstore. I should give it a try. You'll be my inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linnor! Pahiram ng book sa December, hehe.

    Baliktad tayo, mas gusto kong mag gym or badminton kesa mag-diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. agree with mimi, i'd rather workout than diet. i no longer have willpower for diets. you're eating very well, i would've eaten so much more than that at a buffet (definitely with rice, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI TONI!
    Uy, I'm glad to be able to inspire you. The book helps a lot and it's a big step for me to start choosing the right kinds of food. :D

    HI MIMI AND VANGIE!
    Sure Mi! Mas tamad ako to find time to exercise because the free time I have, I spend with my boys na lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! thanks for the links. i have a friend who's very conscious with hydrogenated fats. as in she checks the label all the time. it's better to be safe than sorry, i guess.

    i like your bag, is that a messenger bag? i like how the B logo is so tiny yet so eye-catching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of people especially the poor or those from the squatter areas can easily relate with what you are talking about--DIET. Everyday, they DIET TO DEATH due to lack of food or no money buy for their daily provisions.

    Why don't you give to them whatever saving you get from dieting? And that practice becomes more meaningful! Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was never on diet, and dont normally take careful attention on what i eat..that gives me an idea. i try to diversify tho, and try to have a balanced diet..when i know that i ate something fatty, i try to eat fruits for dessert just so i could have vitamin C to burn out those fats...

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI DENDEN!
    I just noticed that hydrogenated fats/oils are just about in every processed/commercial food these days. Sometimes I cant help but think if there's still something left that's not laced with that unhealthy ingredient. Oh well...

    That bag was given by Junnie to our Mom that I eventually "bag-napped". It's not a messenger bag but a smaller "kili-kili" bag actually. It's an original Bally from Switzerland. Hehehe...

    HI PAPARAZZI!
    Ngek, I actually don't save money from dieting as I end up spending more looking for natural and unadulterated foods.

    Also, we do not give food to needy people for their daily consumption but we give 10% of our gross income (as a Biblical tithe) to Monsignor Dakay who does feeding programs to indigents. This is what you mean, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI ANALYSE!
    That's a good practice. It would surely benefit your body if you keep watching what you eat. However, while you're pregnant, you have the perfect excuse to eat for two. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi te linnor! i thought so. (the bag being bally) :)

    "bagnap" i like that. haha. it's the other way around with me and my mum. she tells me off when i buy bags then she'd say "pagsawa ka na, akin na lang". hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow sister, serious na talaga ito!

    hay favorite ko ngayon ang rai rai ken!!! i love the maki!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI DENDEN!
    I couldn't afford to buy myself really pricey bags thus I resort to bagnapping. Hahaha!

    HI JOJO!
    Marikit sis, todo na to! Rai Rai Ken is our cheaper alternative to Japanese food. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure we'll see slimmer pics of you very soon! Take care, Linnor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI TIN!
    I'll do my best! :) You take care as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hindi ko gusto yang diet diet....gusto ko yung quality ng pictures...so crisp. sarap lalong kumain...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI JUNNIE!
    Study in contrast ba? I talk about dieting and I post delectable looking food pics. :) Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. linnor, naku fastfoods, i don't think i'd be able to get that out of my system. alam mo ba while i was still doing SBD actively, i ate at KFC at least once a week and still managed to lose weight? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI CHRISTINE!
    Wow, lucky you! I'm having withdrawal symptoms nga kasi I just couldn't resist baked goodies and sweets. Aack! I cheat talaga in some instances. Pramis! Hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi linnor, got here through AnP's blog. i LOVE your food pics:)!!! baka type mo sumali sa Lasang Pinoy, puedeng ala-SBD 'yong post mo.

    rules and guidelines here:
    http://www.stefoodie.net/archives/2005/07/launching_lasan.html

    last month’s round-up here:
    http://karen.mychronicles.net/?p=90

    and this month’s theme here:

    http://desarapen.blogspot.com/2005/09/lasang-pinoy-2-cooking-up-storm.html

    would love to have you join us:)

    ReplyDelete