Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Always Finding Good In Every Situation, Captain?

I usually go home from work at half past five. When Jerry gets me around that time, Kyle is already with him. Then we drive from Mactan Island back to school in the city to get Matt who by now is done with his basketball practice. This pretty much is our afternoon routine.

Yesterday, blame it on migraine, I got off pretty earlier than usual. As we were nearing the Marcelo Fernan bridge, connecting the island to the main province, I heard an unusual clicking noise somewhere near the right of the vehicle. Jerry said it was probably Kyle. It wasn't, because Kyle was asleep when I turned to look.

The noise grew more audible to be ignored and Jerry thought it best to stop by the gas station. It was the rear right tire that was making all the noise. It got punctured by a motorcycle metal spoke!

Great, now I'll have to spend some time nursing my head in the car as the attendant tried to change it. So much for going home early...

Flat Tire
Jerry was taking out the spare tire to replace the punctured one.

As soon as it was over, we drove back toward the bridge. I sat there quietly and looked at the sun setting behind the clouds. Jerry said "I'm glad it (flat tire) happened before we passed the bridge"... (Thinking to myself) or we wouldn't have made it to the next gas station on time, or we would have been caught in the rush hour traffic, or the flat tire could have caused more serious trouble, or...

"Yes", I agreed...I looked at the sun now partly hidden but still casting a golden glow to the horizon, and marvelled at the sight... Jerry was absolutely right.

15 comments:

  1. It's good that nothing bad happened. Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These past few years have been tough, but, I have learned to solve issues one day at a time. Live life one day at a time. I don't worry too much about tomorrow or the next day anymore coz I know God will take care of them...Try it, it's less stressful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi linnor! thank god, everything is fine!

    sometimes, a simple flat tire can cause far more serious mishap than it is!

    be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pic just as much as the realizations of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI TIN AND PAZ!
    That was exactly what was running through my head...:)

    HI JERRY!
    You handled the situation well. In fact you were just cool about it. I'm glad we complement each other. ;)

    HI JUNNIE!
    Na-feel mo ba yung realization ko? :D And that's a generous compliment coming from a pro in photography ha! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the pic too.

    when you stop and de-stress yourself, you'll see the beauty of things around you.

    im glad things went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is why I always tell you and everyone that "when you are in a hurry, it pays to drive slow." Mabuti na lang rear tire ang naging flat.

    I agree with Jerry. So why worry about tomorrow? Tomorrow is not yet ours. What is our is the NOW. If we can take good care of the present moment, our future will be in good hands, yes?! And that exactly is what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI JOJO!
    Thanks! I'm surprised it turned out good. :). I agree. When I focus too much on myself, I lose sight of the beauty of most things. De-stress is the key word.

    HI PAPARAZZI!
    :) True, but we were actually doing 40-60kph that time because of the volume of traffic. Not too fast really. I agree, tomorrow is not yet here so why the fuss no? :)

    I know what the next few days will bring you and Mamarazzi though, excitement on the coming US/Canada trip. Weee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. linnor: its good nothing really bad happen.....you have a nice blog.keep it up!

    got the chance to get here through junnie's blog...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI RUTH!
    Thanks! I had my moment there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI EDEN!
    Aw, thanks! :) I hope you keep visiting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew! Buti nalang matalas ang mga pandinig niyo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI TONI!
    Buti na lang talaga. :) Among my 5 senses, my sense of smell is the most sensitive then followed closely by my sense of hearing. Napakinabangan ko this time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank god, you, jerry and kyle are safe! that punctured tire could have caused serious trouble! i shudder to think of what could have happened...well, your angels were watching over you at that time...ang galing talaga ni Lord...bilib! :D

    ReplyDelete