Tuesday, October 31, 2006

39

The first order of the day (yesterday) was to attend the 7am mass at the Redemptorist Church. It was a good and fitting way to give thanks to the Lord for 39 blessed years and to invoke for His generous blessings to continue. The mass set me up for the rest of the day and hopefully for another 39 or more years.

As for dinner, it was a toss-up between Alavar's de Cebu for their curacha and other seafood specialties or Marriott Hotel for their Monday Madness buffet, but Mama swayed me into choosing the latter as she preferred the hotel from the native resto ambiance of the former. Hehehe... I readily agreed and started the short-notice text invitation for yesterday's dinner.

Except for Ann (hubby was out of town thus couldn't leave her kids at home), Stella (indisposed) and Malou (with a prior commitment) who were not able to make it, the people who mattered in my life were there - close friends and loved-ones (super supportive, thoughtful and generous) from my side of the family who are based or presently in Cebu. The 7pm dinner invitation stretched up to 10pm. We were all full to the brim!

For gifts, I got boxes of cakes from Marriott, Georg, and Leona's, a pair of thongs from Havaianas Dupe, a lariat necklace made of pearls and a cute card from my boys. Sweet!

My heartfelt thanks to those who took time off to join me on my special day, those who SMS-ed their birthday wishes and greeted me thru my comment box. If you are not too busy, check out Memento's 39 things about me (if you haven't done yet).


My creation

15 comments:

  1. uy, sign na yata...bigger celebrations as you get older--for more fun and to forget the age. hahahaha. j/k

    i'm so happy you had a great time. you deserve it sis. i know you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. belated happy birthday, linnor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JOJO!
    For some reason, when the age daw ends in 9, dapat mag-celebrate. Chinese belief... Eh di naman ako Chinese! Hehehe... Na-kantiyawan lang ng mader... :D Pero you're right, celebrate to forget about the age! Hahaha!

    HI RUTH!
    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. uuy, super supportive, thoughtful at generous pala ako :) ang taba ko, cuz pero deadma na lang.

    full to the brim talaga. di pa nga ako nakapag-dessert nyan ha.

    thanks, too, for inviting us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You know you've made it when you've got a table full of wonderful family and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maligayang Bati!!!!

    Here's to many, many, more!

    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scorpion ka rin pala! Well, nice to know you had a great day. Wishing you happiness for the next 39 years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI ANALYSE and PIA!
    Thanks! :D

    HI MIMI!
    Bihira naman ang preggy na di big eh. You'll get back in shape after baby #2, don't worry. ;)

    "Supportive, thoughtful and generous (without counting the costs)" - I'm lucky to have relatives (from my side) and friends who are like that.

    So I still owe you dessert pala! :D

    HI PINAYHEKMI!
    Thanks! It's my realization too.

    HI LEAH!
    Yes I am. Thanks for the greetz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha. buti na lang din or else lolobo na naman ako :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI MIMI!
    Ok lang. Di ba sabi mo para minsanan na lang ang pagda-diet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy happy happy birthday Linnor! Honestly, you look much younger than 39!!! Ano ang sikreto?! I-share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI TONI!
    Thanks so much! I have no regimen actually. No facials, no scrubs, no hair treatments, no make-up (just Johnson's pressed powder and Nivea caregloss & shine), no workout even (bad!).... Pinaka-pampering ko - pedicure & foot massage.

    Siguro di pa lang masyado tinatablan ng effects of old age. Hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday, Linnor! its so nice to see you with your family and friends having a good time celebrating your "life". cant believe its been a year already, we had the chance to celebrate it with you (even for just a bit) last year. its great to see dahlia and forden, too! May God continue to bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI JANETTE!
    Thanks Jan! Was it a year ago already? Grabe, time really flies. I hope you get to visit us again soon. Promise, we'll get together. Coffee-coffee ulit (and of course lamon-lamon din, hahaha!).

    :D

    ReplyDelete