Sunday, February 19, 2006

Analyzing Jake

Jake is fascinated by the different fishesJake is now at that age when he enjoys the company of playmates. However, seeing how he just grabs some toys or fakes a cry to get his way with his nanny or brothers, we feel that he needs to spend some time being with kids his age in order for him to polish on his socializing skills, if you could call it that. Bringing him to this pseudo-daycare slash pre-school is something we need to do to expose him to his age group. However, this comes with a price. We have to be creative without breaking the budget. After all, the exercise is supposed to be a learning activity and fun time for him.

-----

This afternoon, after spending just an hour of running, shooting hoops, riding cars, planes and wading in the swim ball at "My Playroom" in Ayala Center, Jake was hesitant to come out. He looked like he hasn't had enough and seemed like he could still spend a longer time there. Not even the sour cream flavored French fries, which I tried to bribe him with, worked. Haha!

It took a bit of force (hehehe) and sleight of hand tricks for him not to realize that he was quickly whisked out of his wonderland. At least that was what we thought.

-----

JakeOn our way to church to hear the anticipated Sunday mass, I thought of changing Jake's dirty shirt while in the car...

Me: Jake, let's change into a nice clean shirt, ok?
Jake: Nnn-o
Me: Why not???
Jake: NOT.

Bwahahaha! Such a wisecrack from Jake who's only 1 year and 11 months...

10 comments:

  1. Reminds me when Nat was a wee-bit two year old and so afraid of people-he screams everytime a new person comes to him. We decided to put him in daycare so he can socialize with kids his age and so Nat will come out of his shell. Indeed and alas, he's now a talker and can socialize from kids 1 to 51 and has been weaned from pull-ups when he's 2.8 y/o. He'll be in JK in September and he can't wait to go to real school. By the way, he was only in daycare for 4 months and that's it..di na kaya sa bulsa... but it was worth every canadian dollar..

    Ang cute talaga ni Jake..

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JINKAI!
    It's good to know that putting Nat at daycare worked for him well. I think it does help a toddler develop his social skills when exposed to his crowd. I'll try to enroll Jake for a short period too, he's almost 2 years old. Just for him to enjoy the company of his peers more than to learn his ABC's. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang expensive naman ni Jake!

    Looking back, you and Junnie were never enrolled in anny play school but you were as normal as any kids of your age that time! Maybe because as as young as 3 and 2 years old, we taught you the right GMRC (Good Manners and Right Conduct). And allowed you to make friends with kids in the neighborhood.

    I think Mamarazzi and I were just lucky, you were well-behaved that there was no need to shout at you---Behave or I will pull your hair! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to read another "mommy" post. :) jake's growing to be a smart boy.. marunong na mang-alaska, parang si tito junnie. ;) *joke*

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI PAPARAZZI!
    That's my standard line alright, "Behave or you'll get it". "IT" may mean "your hair pulled", "your bu*t smacked", etc. Sometimes you have to be around these boys when they're having a ruckus to understand why my fuse just goes phffft! Hehehe. But that rarely happens now. They're generally well-behaved. Hehehe...

    HI TIN!
    Korek! I repeatedly asked "Why not???" and still got the same answer from him. Amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaw. ang cute ni jake. wait till he's two...sabi nila cute but terrible two :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 18 days and 10 years from now, hindi na yan papahalik and papakarga, so take advantage ka na. if Matthew and Kyle are used as evidence, Jake will surely be following in their footsteps as well-behaved, talented and good looking boys.

    unless he becomes the quiet, talented, fun loving but deep ( and did I say humble) guy like his Tito Junnie. mwahaha. mwahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI DENDEN!
    Heeheehee.... I am bracing myself for that. :D

    HI JUNNIE!
    I know! Now pa lang nagsa-start na magkaroon ng sariling scheds ang elder brothers niya (sleepovers with cousin, netopia sessions with classmates, basketball practices, etc.) and I'm starting to miss spending weekends with them. But then again, I know I have to let go bit by bit. Ang bilis lang talaga ng panahon. I'm savoring every second of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linnor. Your little Jake is growing up fast. Funny how coincidences work: the Ayala playroom is also where my son Jeremy goes to school (N1)! He loves it there, he's been going since January. I've observed a marked improvement in temperament and social skills since he's been around other kids. And I also like that the Playroom is so near to where I work, I can sometimes drop by and bond with him before he goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI MELISSA!
    Thanks for your inputs! Now more than ever, I'm convinced to let Jake give it a try. I've already started inquiring actually. :D

    ReplyDelete