Tuesday, December 10, 2002

A Special Message to Papa



Last summer in May, after a long time, we were one as a family (my maiden family). The morning spent at Maribago Beach where the kids (apos) and I had our first jetski ride (hihihi) together with Junnie, Mitzi and May was memorable. At lunch we feasted on native yummies at Cafe Laguna and spent the afternoon having coffee at Bo's Coffee Club. Junnie, Mitzi, May and the kids watched Star Wars afterwards while Mama and I went window-shopping. You were taking our pictures but the whole time you were not feeling okay and were already having chest pains.



In June, I received from Junnie a very early morning text message/call telling me to expect for the worst but to pray for the best. After several trips to the hospital, the test results were not good and you were scheduled for a heart surgery. I cried while thoughts raced through my mind. Flashes of childhood memories made me cry like a baby. Oh forget about the trying times and that dark phase in our lives. All that mattered to me was you. I was not ready to lose you. And I wondered how Matt & Kyle would fare without a grandpapa on both sides. I lifted everything to GOD and trusted in His divine plan... I relied on the expertise of the surgeons. You did not only have a triple but a quadruple heart bypass.



I remember those uncertain days in June. Everything took a backseat. We almost lost you. We thought our lives would never be the same again. Well, it's not the same indeed. We could have done some good in the past, for GOD restored you and gave you back to us.



Happy Birthday PAPA / LOLO !!!! We love you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment